Your Automotive knows you need the confidence of knowing when you press your foot to the brake, your vehicle is coming to a stop. Your car’s brakes should be examined at least once a year for the safety of you and your family. Preserving your vehicle's brakes is among the most crucial measures you could take and Your Automotive offers quality, affordable brake service in FL and surrounding areas.
Brakes are one of the most important safety attributes on your vehicle. There are 2 types of braking systems on most cars; traditional brakes and anti-lock braking system (ABS). A typical braking system is composed of the rotor, the caliper, and brake pads or shoes. If your brake pads wear and are not changed, the rotors could need to be replaced as well.
What you need to know about Brake Service in FL
Why brake repair is essential: In order to properly stop your car, brake pads have to be in functioning condition and not worn down to the rotors. Because brakes are a system you use every time you use your car, don’t ignore any sort of complications. Even small changes may indicate your brakes need repair. For ideal performance and safety, have our team at Your Automotive check and service your brakes routinely.
FL Brake Service Tips
Follow these pointers to help keep your brakes working effectively:
- Have your brakes inspected at least once a year, and more often if you typically drive in city traffic or live in a location with a lot of hills
- Never drive with the parking brake on
- Have brake fluid checked and changed as required, but if you have to add fluid more than every couple of months, you may have a leak
Have your mechanic at Your Automotive check your brakes right away if you observe any of the following:
- A high-pitched squeak when you push the brakes
- A scraping or grinding sound when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing problem and must be checked immediately
- Shaking or vibration during braking
- Using more pressure than normal when trying to stop
The quicker you inspect problems and replace brake pads, the safer your automobile will be. Prolonging brake concerns may cause other more costly repairs. Serving the FL and surrounding areas, Your Automotive is thrilled to be your number one auto repair shop and provider of tires. Call us to schedule an appointment for a brake inspection today.